What should I do when my Utica home alarm system goes off?
Your home security system shields your property – and your family members – against the various risks you may experience, like break-ins, fire, and flooding. Even though your home might be ready, that doesn’t necessarily mean you are. Do you have a good idea of what to do if your Utica home alarm system goes off? The blasting of an alarm is likely to be startling, disorienting, and could cause panic. Your best option is to stay composed and follow these straightforward suggestions.
Actions to Take If Your Home Alarm System In Utica Triggers
It’s a circumstance no resident desires to encounter, but it’s also why you installed a home alarm system from the outset. You’re awakened from a deep sleep with the unmistakable blaring of an alarm after a home security component has been tripped. What is your next move?
- Try not to panic. This is easier said than done when your home security alarm is ringing loudly, and your heart is pounding. But keeping a cool head is the most effective way to evaluate what is happening. Avoid the impulse of trying to deal with the emergency alone and let your monitoring specialists and first responders carry out their job.
- Attend to your family members. Your main focus should be your family members and getting them out of danger. In the case of a break-in, this might include moving to an appointed safe zone as far away from entrances as possible. There’s a good chance that your alarm immediately scared off the trespasser, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry. If there’s fumes or flames, you need to vacate your house right away.
- Grab your phone. These days, the majority of people have their smartphones with them always, but you could forget to grab it during an emergency. It’s a good thing to have. You’ll have the chance to stay connected with your monitoring professionals and receive updates through your home security app.
Collaborate With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Team
Whenever your home alarm system in Utica goes off, your round-the-clock monitoring experts will instantly act. The first move is to verify your alarm, and that involves communicating with you. The procedure they adhere to is dependent on the kind of emergency. For instance, if a medical emergency is triggered, a single effort will be made to reach you before help is deployed. In the event of an intrusion - the most typical kind of alarm - a monitoring professional will follow these steps to get in touch with you:
- An attempt will be made to contact you via the command hub. You will typically be asked for a passcode.
- If that attempt is not successful, a call is attempted to your main contact number.
- An alternate number or your primary contact person is attempted next.
- If you still can’t be reached, local police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring specialists will follow up with you again once the proper authorities are notified.
If you're not able to converse with monitoring staff, that’s OK. Assistance will still be dispatched even if you're not able to confirm the emergency.
Get prepared for any emergency with a Vivint home alarm system in Utica
Stay ready for any emergency with a contemporary home alarm system in Utica from Vivint. Call (315) 819-0721 to begin designing your property’s security today.