Ways to cut down on false alarms in Utica
False alarms may become an actual issue for a home security system. Not only do they decrease the confidence you have in your equipment, but they might even be costly and time-consuming. Thankfully, you may do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Utica sensors and alarms.
As the first step, ensure that your devices set up as intended. This might appear to be an obvious course of action, but it’s often the case that overlooked miscues lead to false alarms. Next, check out possible culprits of false alarms, such as a back door that might be left ajar by accident. And of course, don't hesitate to use the extra options like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Utica.
Might it be really that simple? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Can you side step false alarms in Utica?
Like diagnosing any issue, the first thing to do is review the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all devices are connected appropriately from your perspective by:
- Executing a diagnostic via your touchscreen smart hub.
- Manually evaluate each device to be certain it didn't become dislodged or need a battery change.
- Check your preset schedules to be certain that your alarms aren’t engaging at unsuitable times.
- Be certain that all recently added smart devices are installed in the proper fashion and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Contact your service representative if you continue to have trouble cutting down false alarms in your Utica system. They'll be happy to dispatch a tech to inspect your system.
Inspect your windows and doors
In the event your installation checks out installed properly, the next step is to do a sweep of your property. Are your windows and doors shut tight, or do you find some mistakenly ajar? If an entrance is left open, it might trip a sensor. If it just so happens that your family routinely fails to close an entry point, you might want to implement a smart locking system that locks automatically when your system is engaged. Sadly, windows require more manual maintenance, mainly if you have someone who prefers to fall asleep with a window cracked. Fortunately, your Vivint installation makes it easy to deactivate that sensor while still shielding the remainder of the property.
Automation is a great way to cut down on false alarms in Utica
One of the most effective techniques to lessen the likelihood of false alarms is to integrate smart home automation into your alarm system. When utilizing your mobile security app, you can:
- Arrange a schedule to turn off the alarm when you’re on site and avoid false alarms that result from absentmindedly opening doors or windows. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again after dark as you prepare for bed.
- Program the alarm to deactivate whenever your smart lock is initiated with the right number combination.
- Set geotracking to turn on your alarm when you leave the property, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Get mobile alerts when your implements detect abnormal motion or have need of a new battery.
- Pair your system to Alexa or Google Home, so you are able to turn your system on or off without the cell phone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Utica when you get a Vivint smart home installation
Greater control over your property’s security means less chance of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint security package, contact (315) 819-0721 or send in the form below.